Sunday, July 17, 2011

What was the TRS nickname for Squadron 3723 at lackland Air Force base basic training during 1984? ?

Training Squadrons (TRS) use to have nicknames at that time now I understand they were done away with. Mine had a TI who was former OSI and would play a lot of head games that offciers would get in OTS. Believe me there was a lot of head games. I thought we were called the Mickey Mouse Squadron for the tradition of Air Force military Intelligence that went back to the 6002th and 6004th squadron that existed in Korea in the 1950's and Early 60's I believe we had the same mascot as the 6004th sqd a mickey dress up like the hamburgler or like mad's magazine spy vs spy? I know we did have TI's from the sister squadron who test our dorm guards with a fake photo ID with mickey mouse on it. HaHaHa that was just one part of the head games fun. And all the screaming you would not believe even when we did follow the rules. I felt everyone who graduated from my basic training was well groom with Intel head games and most of us went into law enforment with the Air force and some of us who sign up after our frist term went to Bolling Afb for OSI training. I ended up with a roomate in the barracks who was with the OSI after I finished tech school in sheppard for medical logistics. I Know I had as much fun with him as he had with me. LoL I found out later I was never really far away from the OSI crowd during my Air Force career so all those head games paid off. I am really grateful for all the training I received from my TI it was the best. But were we called mickey mouse squadron for the fake ID or because we had a former intelligence personal who love the Korean Squadron of the 6002 or 6004?

No comments:

Post a Comment